Learn The Importance Of Pest Control
Reasons Why You Need Regular Pest Control
Pest control is crucial because insects and rodents transmit diseases. They carry dangerous viruses and bacteria, which may require lengthy and expensive treatment procedures. No matter how hygienic you are, pests will always find a way into your house. They infest your kitchen, food stores, and even bedrooms. If untreated, they can worsen existing health disorders, such as asthma. The following are five reasons to control pests:
1. Pests Spread Diseases
Pests carry harmful bacteria and viruses, which are a threat to you and your loved ones. They transmit these disease-causing organisms through stinging and biting. The following are common diseases caused by pests:
- Mosquitoes – Mosquito-borne ailments, such as Barmah Forest Virus and Dengue Fever, are some of the diseases caused by pests. These diseases are only found in Australia. The signs and symptoms are fever, skin rash, joint pain, fatigue, and headache. Mosquitos can also cause malaria.
- Flies – House flies can trigger food poisoning, dysentery, typhoid fever, and salmonella infection.
- Rodents – Rodents such as mice and rats transmit dangerous diseases such as Hantavirus, Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis (LCMV), Tularemia, and Bubonic Virus.
- Birds – Birds ferry harmful diseases that include respiratory infections, salmonella infections, and histoplasmosis. Also, germs from their droppings can find their way in air conditioning units and ventilators. This can lead to the contamination of indoor air.
- Wasps – Wasps are commonly known for their aggression and viciousness. Their stings can cause deadly injuries if they attack people. Unlike bees, they are capable of stinging multiple times. Therefore, it is advisable to remove wasp nests around your home.
2. Pests Damage Your Belongings
Pests can also endanger your assets. Silverfish and carpet beetles feed on organic fibers found in autograph albums, books, wall cover, and lining. They also munch towels, blankets, and couches. They get the nutrients they require for survival from these items. If not adequately controlled, they can breed quickly. Termites and ants are also harmful invaders that can destroy your furniture if not treated. Therefore, to protect your valuable belongings, you should identify and control pests in your home. Hire pest control services for better results.
3. Pests Contaminate Your Food
Insects and rodents need nutrition to survive, just like human beings. As such, your kitchen and food store is a perfect habitat for pests. In the process of feasting on your food products, they leave excreta and bacteria behind. These contaminants can find their way into your meals and lead to life-threatening diseases. If you own a food business, you should eliminate rodents and insects, such as rats and cockroaches. By doing this, you will serve your customers with healthy food. And, you will avoid the embarrassment of crawling insects in your eatery.
4. Pests Destroy Your Home
If pests invade your home, they can cause a massive loss in your premises. There are many ways in which they can lower the value of your property, including the following:
- Termites can bring down an entire house if allowed to flourish. They consume wooden structures, such as ceiling and furnishings. Termites can render you homeless unless you control them. They cause enormous damage before anyone notices their existence.
- Bird droppings are acidic and can cause significant damage to steel, iron, wood, and stone. Besides that, accumulated droppings can block the gutter and cause damage to your roof.
- Possums destroy electrical wires and lining.
- Wood-boring insects, such as house borers, destroy wood flooring, furniture, and ornamental woodwork.
- Rodents can start fires by eating the insulation covering electrical cables. They can also puncture water pipes.
5. Pests Raise Stress Levels
Pests can be very disgusting. Rodents and insects make everyone uneasy. They breed and multiply quickly, wreaking havoc in your home. If you fail to treat them, they will spread all over the house. You’ll find them in your kitchen cabinets, under your mattresses, or even in your closet. Indeed, pests are a big nuisance in several ways, including the following:
· Mosquitoes disrupt your sleep by buzzing. They also impose painful stings that can cause allergies.
· Are bed bugs not worse? They bite, causing pain and inflammation. Of course, this interferes with your sleep.
· What of ants and flees? They are so annoying – they cause itching and skin rashes.
By regularly controlling these pests, you will make your home a better place, which will give you peace of mind.
As soon as you identify pests in your home, contact your local pest control experts to stop them from multiplying. They will offer you long-lasting solutions to these invaders that spread diseases, damage your property, and contaminate your food.
This article was published by www.no1pestcontrolbrisbane.com.au if you have any questions please comment below or contact us. Thanks for reading.