White Ant Control
White and Termite Prevention and Removal
We offer trained and skilled white ant control technicians throughout Queensland.
When we hear the word pests, we would automatically begin to feel that sinking feeling in the pit of our stomachs. We feel this way because we know that having pests in and around our property means having to find a way to control them or eradicating them altogether. It also means that, eventually, we will probably feel overwhelmed and decide to hire experts to get rid of them and with good reason. A professional white ant control company will have the expertise to effectively and efficiently resolve ant issues.
White Ants, also known as termites, are eusocial insects of the Blattodea order and the Isoptera infraorder. Once considered to be a separate order from cockroaches, recent studies show that termites or white ants evolved from cockroaches, making them relatives. So, you may begin to wonder why they are called white ants in the first place. They get their nickname because of their physical similarities to the ant and not because of their genetics.
Australia as approximately 360 classified species of termites.
The 3 most common types of termites in Queensland are Drywood termites (Kalotermitidae), Dampwood termites (Termopsidae), and Subterranean termites (Rhinotermitidae).
- Drywood termites vary in color from cream to brown and black. The variation of color is dependent upon their maturity and role in the colony. They often build simple nests in dry or damp wood and are surrounded by their food. Drywood termite colonies are typically small.
- Dampwood termites are also known to build simple nests in wood. They are generally brown in color but are also known to be reddish, particularly towards their abdomens. They prefer to live in moist or rotten wood that is above ground.
- Subterranean termites are the species of termites that are referred to as white ants. As the name implies, these termites (workers) are generally cream, white, or opaque in color. The termites who play the soldier role in the colony will have a slightly larger brown head. The reproductive termites of the colony are brown or black in color. They build large but compact nests that may be as large as 2 meters high or more. They are also known to live several meters below the ground.
Signs of Infestation
Termites wreak havoc and can cause severe structural damage to the home, no matter the species of termites that may be invading your property. So, it is important to know the telltale signs of termite infestation. If you find mud trails on the sides of your home, accumulation of dried mud around your home’s doors or windows, moisture stains or damp areas on walls, and a build-up of earthy material around power points, then you may have a termite infestation. To add, soft floorboards, skirting boards, or blistering around the doors or windows are other indications of infestation.
White Ant Control Tips
Perhaps you are seeing some of the signs of infestation and are wondering how to immediately control or limit their effects while waiting for the professionals to arrive.
Here are some tips that can help.
- Firewood: If you have firewood in and around your home, you should consider moving or storing them further away. Also, remove any wood that is in contact with the ground.
- Plumbing: Termites love moisture. With that said, consider repairing or replacing any leaky pipes or water fixtures in your home.
- Shrubs or garden beds: Shrubs and garden beds should not cover weep holes and should also be clear of the building edge.
White ant prevention services
Why Choose Us
- 10 Years Experts
- Timber Pest Licensed Qld Government
- Public Liability Insure
- Affordable Price
- Friendly Customer Service
- CBD and Central Brisbane
- Brisbane Northside and Southside
- Western and Eastern Suburbs
- Ipswich and Toowoomba
- Gold Coast
- Northern NSW
Request A Free Quote
No matter what type of termites are infesting your home, we can help,
Call us today on 07 3062 7707.