Expert Bed Bug Control
Say Goodbye To Bed Bugs
What are Bed Bugs?
They are small, oval-shaped insects that feed on human blood. Adult bedbugs reach 4-5 mm in length. They’re strictly nocturnal and mainly active at night. They’re very fast, which makes them almost impossible to detect. During the day, they hide in mattress crevices, under the bed, and even in small cracks if your bed is made of wood. s
Common Species in Queensland
Globally, there are two species of bed bugs that infest human spaces: Cimex lectularius (also known as red coats) and the smaller Cimex hemipterus (also known as the tropical bed bug). Although both species are found in Queensland, cases of Cimex hemipterus have been increasing in recent years and it is now considered the dominant species by most bed bug control experts.
Signs of an Infestation
Although small, itchy bites on you and your pets are a classic sign of a bed bug infestation, not all people develop visible bite marks. Some other common signs of infestations include:
- Bloody spots on pillowcases and top sheets
- Rusty brownish-red spots (bed bug droppings) along mattress or other furniture seams
- A coriander-like scent, produced from bed bug scent glands
- Signs of bed bug eggs and molted skin
Because are attracted to carbon dioxide, darkness, and heat, our beds are the perfect location for them to hide and multiply. They can live for a year between feedings, which means that getting an hotel room and waiting them out is not an option.
As they are difficult to eradicate it’s best to call professionals in bed bug control. Below are are some tricks you can try to control an infestation and stop it from spreading:
- Launder your bed sheets every day, drying them on the hottest setting for at least a half hour
- Wash all clothing, stuffed animals, drapes, and other soft linens and dry them in the same fashion as your bed sheets
- Vacuum your carpets and mattress every day
- Pull your bed and other furniture away from the wall to make it harder to access
- Seal any obvious holes in your drywall and around your window frames
While these tips will help, it is unlikely that they will completely eradicate an infestation. A professional treatment plan is the best way to completely remove the problem.
Why Choose Us
- 10 Years Experience
- Fully Licensed by Queensland Government
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Competitive Prices
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Residential and Commercial
- Hotels, Motels, Back Packing Hostels, Campervans, Caravans
- Brisbane City & CBD
- Northside and Southside Brisbane
- Eastern & Western Suburbs
- Ipswich & Toowoomba
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast, Tweed Teads, Coolangatta
Ready to book?
Call our friend team today on 07 3062 7707.
We look forward to talking with you.