Professional Cockroach Control
The Cockroach Removal Experts
If you have a cockroach problem we can help.
The team at Pro Pest Control Brisbane can eliminate cockroach infestations fast. Our cockroach control technicians treat the source of the problem and offer advice for prevention of future outbreaks.
There are approximately 4,500 species of cockroaches worldwide. Australia is home to about 450 species but there are three main ones in Queensland. These include the German Cockroach, Australian cockroach and the American cockroach. Identifying the species helps to effectively treat them.
We offer professional cockroach control services in all areas of South East Queensland. These include the CBD, Brisbane Northside, Brisbane Southside, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Logan and Beenleigh.
What Are Cockroaches?
Cockroaches (also known as roaches) are insects with six legs. They are from the order Blattodea, this also inclues termites. But cockroaches are not ants. They are a social insect that feeds off bread, fruit, starch, paper, glue and can also digest cellulose. Only thirty of the 4500 species are known to associate human habitats. Only about five of those thirty are known as pests. These insects are incredibly resilient and can survive in harsh conditions.
Cockroaches are also known for carrying bacteria than can contaminate your food and make you sick. Another good reason to remove them from your home.
Common Queensland Cockroach Species
According to the Museum of Tropical Queensland, the threee most common household cockroach species in Queensland include the following.
- German cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- Australian cockroaches
Of these three, German are the most common, especially in southeast Queensland. They are about 10mm long, light brown, and have two stripes on their heads. They are also the hardest to control and may require several treatments before complete elimination.
Warning Signs Of Infestation
- Droppings – They will produce small brown and black cylindrical droppings, approximately 2mm in length.
- Skin Shedding – Cockroaches will shed skins (cast nymphal) around 5 to 8 times as they mature into adult species.
- Strange Smells – Large cockroach infestation can produce an unpleasant odour.
- Smear marks – If a water source is available they will produce irregular shaped brown smear marks. Check for marks on floors and benchtops.
Since they love dark and damp areas, you’re most likely to see them in your kitchen or bathroom. Here are a few of the most common places you’ll find them:
- Around fridges, stoves, dishwashers and microwaves
- Under the sink and stoves
- Bathrooms and showers
How To Control Cockroaches?
Like most pests, cockroaches are attracted to food, water and shelter. Good hygiene is critical to avoiding a cockroach infestation. Get in the habit of routinely cleaning and vacuuming all areas of your house, especially the kitchen. Always wipe away spills and food crumbs immediately as these will attract them. For expert advice contact our cockroach control exterminators today.
Why Choose Us
- 10 Years Experience
- We are Licensed & Insured
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Keep your house pest-free free all year-long
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Competitive prices – get your free, no-obligation quote today
- Brisbane Metro & CBD
- Brisbane Northside & Southside
- East & West
- Ipswich & Toowoomba
- Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast
- Tweed Heads & Northern NSW
Get A Quote
Call us today to book an inspection of your property.
Call Today On 07 3062 7707